Ms Brown is a Midwest native but Miami is home as she has lived here since 1973. Her original nursing education was in Chicago and later received a Bachelor’s in nursing from FIU, and her Masters in Gerontological nursing from the University of Miami. She has been a nurse for over 35 years and 25 of those years as a nurse practitioner. She has worked with Vascular pts most of that time. For 21 years she has worked in vascular surgery practice.
Cindy is an active member of the Society of Vascular nurses and has been a participant in training other nurses to screen for PAD. She has lectured on vascular disease for the community as well as medical professionals. She is an adhoc professor at Barry University.
She is married and has 2 grown children.
- Wesley Memorial Hospital Nursing Diploma 1973
- Florida International University BSN 1978
- University of Miami MSN/ARNP 1984
- American Nurses Credentialing Center/ Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Society for Vascular Nursing
- Florida Nurses Association